Friday, April 11, 2008

*My Mom the Roach Bully * (a Repost)

All superheroes have weaknesses. Mine happened to be a cockroach. Flying Ones. This post serves as my testimonial proving that my Mom truly is a SuperMom AND that ALL creatures, adorable or despicable, may have feelings as well.

Don't get too excited. It's really mababaw. :D

PS.
included is a detailed, step-by-step description of how a cockroach dies.


-----
Posted: August 5, 2006 (Friendster & Multiply blogs)

when i was assigned at the emergency room of a certain hospital, i saw how people die from different causes. a heart attack, falling from a truck or tree. from bleeding profusely.

post mortem care (ligpit ng dead body of a patient) became a frequent experience. feelings of anxiety and sadness would overcome me and i would silently say a prayer for his/her soul to rest in peace. yesterday morning was a different experience. i saw one of my enemies die. the ipis a.k.a. cockroach.

it was around 4:30am, i was eating my breakfast, preparing to go on duty to panabo, when i saw "it". i called my mom. she got her "weapon" out. it was a concoction she made out of baygon and something else, placed it in a spritzer and voila! instant insect killer. she sprayed a lot on the creature and with satisfaction, she left it to die. i was in the kitchen staring in awe while the cockroach struggled for its life.

How it died:

first it seemed as if it were crawling for survival. it tried climbing the wall. somehow it spread its wings for a bit. it fell on the floor. it paused for about 3 seconds and tried to go for the wall again.. as if it were some kind of oasis which could save him from thirst. then it fell.. again. it spinned around.. i guess the effect of mom's concoction sank in.. then something dropped from its body. it was a little brown thing.. i dont know what it was. (when people die, they give out one last poop. maybe its the same for roaches) and then after one last gasp of air, it dropped facing the ceiling. its arms (?) folded and formed a praying position. it was lifeless. and i smiled. hehe

during the whole dying process, i felt "the symptom." its this prickly-icky feeling on the soles of my feet i feel whenever i see roaches. it was like watching a movie with suspense. sometimes gasping, hoping for the enemy to die. at some point, i admit that i felt pity for the poor thing but when the "symptom" would exhibit.. i begin rooting for it to die.

hehe watching the ipis die gave me a feeling of triumph. it was like a happy ending of a horror movie. i was the victim, the ipis the enemy and my mom, the hero. what made this an interesting experience was....

awhile ago, my mom asked me to sweep the floor and take the ipis out. (yep, no one took it out since yesterday.. gross i know. hu cares.) then i noticed that there were 2 lifeless roaches lying on the floor. almost right next to each other. i asked momy, "mommy, dalawa lagi ang ipis..", my mom told me that last night, ipis#2 was watching ipis#1(the one who died earlier). ipis#2 just stood there. looking at it. perhaps whispering a silent prayer? who knows. mom assumed that perhaps ipis#2 was ipis#1's lover. i made up a story that ipis#2 was looking everywhere for her lover..but that is another blog entry. to continue mom's story, i guess u could assume what had happened next. yep. mom got her weapon and sprayed ipis#2 to death. now doesnt that sound so shakespearean-ish. a romeo and juliet-ic death.

my dad finished the sweeping of the lovers, because i felt the symptom again and i wanted to write this one in my blog.

i cant think of anything else to say. hehe

2 comments:

Kevin G! said...

The only reason why I hate these wretched infestations is that whenever one appears in front of my Sister here, I always have to do the killing... even if what I'm doing prior to killing it is really, really, really important... Grrr...

SuperKai said...

haha my hero.

blog-a-boo

Featured Video: Emotion by Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill

Fan List ? haha