Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Newfound Obsession

Eyes roll. Heads shake. They heave & sigh. Am I getting that irritating? Too much obsessing na ba?hehe Pow sneers at me every time I bring up HanaKimi and how Wu Chun/Zun is super kaduper cute. Kaya instead of bottling up all my emotions, I’ll blog it out. No sneering. No sighs. No interruptions.

I haven’t been so pumped up since the Meteor Garden era. Let me just warn you that as I am writing this entry, my emotions are at its peak so I may sound too OA…

So what is it with Hana Kimi (Taiwanese version) which drove me nuts?

Before you read further on, here’s a quick link to get a grip of what I’m talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hua_Yang_Shao_Nian_Shao_Nu

My first impression of Hana Kimi wasn’t what we could describe as love at first site. The leading lady definitely looked like a boy and all her expressions were truly exaggerated. I even criticized ABS-CBN for adding in such a show. It didn’t depict a romantic vibe. Not my type of series. Or so I thought.

One morning, while I was taking out the contents of my bag, I turned on the television to break the silence. Hana Kimi was on, and it was the part wherein Rui Xi/Joey’s brother gave her an ultimatum that if Quan/Bryan couldn’t perform the high jump, he would be taking her back to America. This was what really drove Quan to finally get back into high jumping, because he unconsciously didn’t want Rui Xi to leave… Okay, okay. I know that I made that sound too melodramatic but this was what pushed me to go to Mantex that afternoon and buy the entire season. (By the way, I don’t regularly purchase Taiwanese/Korean…etc. series. I only buy series which, for me, are really worth watching.)

What I love about HanaKimi is that it’s not your typical romantic-pang-jologz-series. It was presented in such a way, that although most of the facial expressions were too cartoon-y, their reactions to the different plots were how real people would actually face such circumstances in real life. Teleseryes today are filled with much atik that most of us (including me) still enjoy. It’s just nice to find something which you can actually benefit from in the real world. I’m not talking about the show’s main storyline about a girl disguising herself as a boy to be with the one she loves, but the deeper realizations you take in as you go further with the show. That you don’t have to make everyone understand your situation, no matter how complicated it may seem. As long as you and the other person involved are honest and share a mutual understanding, it would make your situation simpler and less stressful to take. Thus, making you enjoy life even more.


My favorite eyes-glued-to-the-screen-scenes were parts wherein Quan subtly protects Rui Xi from circumstances which could reveal her real identity. Scenes with Rui Xi pestering Doctor Mei Tian with her petty problems and Xiu Yi doubting his sexuality were also very comical.


I watched all fifteen, 90minute episodes within 24 hours and if I had more time, I’d probably watch it a hundred times more. I just can't get enough of it.

No comments:

blog-a-boo

Featured Video: Emotion by Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill

Fan List ? haha