Saturday, October 18, 2008

Food for the Soul


Today was a far more productive day compared to my usual daily activities. I did the finishing touches on my inaanak's guestbook for her first birthday, swerved across Uyanguren traffic to help momma with her errands, and finally, gave in to pow's persistent request and attended their CLP (Christian Life Program) facilitated by Singles/Couples for Christ.

It's not like i have anything against religious or spiritual gatherings, it's just that i've had the impression that such assemblies require all participants to share personal experiences to the whole group and/or a facilitator or a member from the group would force unsolicited pieces of advice to the "sharer."

Anyway, God truly made a way to make this experience more appealing and memorable for me. This evening's topic was about love. We didn't limit its definition to romantic love alone, but the meaning of love on a broader aspect. After the speaker's talk, we were divided into smaller clusters for the sharing session.

I didn't have any difficulty pouring my thoughts out to these strangers. Sharing came naturally. Seeing the other members intently listening to my story, nodding along as i went on, made me want to share a little bit more about me. (with the exception of our facilitator who seemed to be staring blankly at me the whole time...)

This experience changed how i felt towards religious groups/gatherings. Although, I still think that forced-sharing and unsolicited advice may still transpire during such sessions, but the amount of personal information you share and what advice you listen to will only be up to you. The listening experience during the featured speaker's talk and group sessions definitely outweighs whatever negative impression I have of 'em.

Pow's definition of the CLP experience perfectly describes the reason why one should attend it. "Gina-re-affirm nya yung mga tingin mo alam mo na, and binibigyan ka pa ng meaning ng mga ito the Christian way, making your ideas more concrete."

Not only have i made Powski very happy, but most importantly, my soul has been reconnected with my heart and mind. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

amen kai. amen.
hehe

SuperKai said...

...and may God have mercy on our souls.. (far out??) hehe

next friday uli. hehe

blog-a-boo

Featured Video: Emotion by Moymoy Palaboy & Roadfill

Fan List ? haha